Thank you for purchasing Evenement Event and Conference WordPress Theme! Before you get started, please be sure to always check out this documentation. We outline all kinds of good information, and provide you with all the details you need to use Evenement Wordpress.
Evenement can only be used with Wordpress and we assume that you already have Wordpress installed and ready to go. For basic qustaion about wordpress please try to search in google , or read wordpress doucmation
If you are unable to find your answer here in our documentation, we encourage you to contact us through themeforest item support page with your site CPanel (or FTP) and wordpress admin details. We're very happy to help you and you will get reply from us more faster than you expected.
Thank you, we hope you to enjoy using Evenement Wordpress Theme!
Evenement is a WordPress theme exclusively built for conference and event websites. It is fully responsive, retina ready and easy to customize.
Evenement empowers you to build sites under conference, convention, event, exhibition, seminar, summit, webinar and much more categories. Evenement also supports videos from YouTube and Vimeo. It uses the best clean SEO practices, and on top of that, it’s fast, simple, and easy to use.
Check our Video Channel for easy installation and setup process.
If you already downloaded the theme after you first purchased it, you may have a file called something like "themeforest-19655492-evenement-responsive-news-wordpress-theme.zip". Then extract the zip file, and inside it browse to evenement.zip. The evenement.zip file is the WordPress installable file.
There is three ways to install theme :
If your host offers the cPanel control panel, and the Theme files are in a .zip archive follow these instructions. Note: This assumes the Theme you download is a compressed (.zip) file containing a folder under which all the Theme files reside.
To add a new Theme to your WordPress installation, follow these basic steps:
To select a Theme for your site:
After activating theme make sure to install required and recommended plugins.
Here is the installation video for better understand. Please follow the step for make your site as like as demo.
By default wordPress allow upload 2MB to 128MB file size from dashboard. For that reason you may encounter "upload_max_filesize" issue when you upload large file.
You can check them by installing the WordPress phpinfo() plugin and checking Settings. The first column refers to your installation value, and the second column refers to the limits of your host. The latter values are often lower if you have selected a cheaper hosting package.
Best way to increase the file upload size is to make changes to your server's php.ini file.
Depending on your web host, you may be able to edit this php.ini file directly. php.ini file is located typically in a "conf" or "etc" folder in root directory of your server. Search through these folders to find a file labeled "php.ini". Drag this file to somewhere on your local hard drive, and open it up in any text editor.
First, find the "memory_limit" value, and change this to 256M (unless this is already set to something higher). Next, find the the "post_max_size" and change this to 48M. Finally, find the "upload_max_filesize" and once again change this to 48M. You may also want to find the "max_execution_time" variable and set it to something like 300, "max_input_time" to 600 and "max_input_vars" to 5000. This will ensure that your site does not time out when uploading larger files.
In the end, your values will look like this:memory_limit=256M
Though these values will be scattered throughout the file. When you are done, save your file, and drag it back to the directory where your php.ini file is located and overwrite the existing file.
This is how it works for all themes on Themeforest and not only in our case.
This theme may be updated periodically in order to add new features and fix bugs. When a new update be available an update message will appears on your dashboard . As a customer, you can download the most current version from your Trendytheme account.
If you have an active license you can update your theme automatically from your admin dashboard.
define ('WPLANG', '');with this (subsitute the language string (bg_BG) with your own!):
define ('WPLANG', 'bg_BG');
After installing theme, plugin and importing all demo content you need to make basic setup.
Go to the Settings > Reading menu in your WordPress Dashbord and select A Static Page at the Front page displays setting. Choose your own Homepage or one of the Home layouts that imported with the demo content and a Blog page there:
1. Go to the Appearance > Menus menu in your WordPress Dashbord and select Manage Location tab.
2. Select Primary Menu that imported with the demo content.
3. After selectin primary menu then go back Menu Edit and select Primary Menu checkbox located in the Theme Location on the bottom.
4. Save Menu.
After activating the theme, you will see a Required Plugins notice located on top. You have to install all required and recommended plugin to be fully operational.
Before you begin, make sure all the required plugins are activated and php configuration limits to a minimum as follows:
max_execution_time=300, max_input_time=600, max_input_vars=5000, memory_limit=256M, post_max_size=48M, upload_max_filesize=48M.
You can verify your PHP configuration limits by installing a simple plugin found here. In addition, you can always contact your host and ask them what the current settings are and have them adjust them if needed
When you import the data, the following things might happen:
1. Go to Plugins > Add New menu in your WordPress Dashboard.
2. Type Widget Importer & Exporter on the Search Plugin box and hit enter then you will see the Widget Importer & Exporter plugin install and activate then plugin.
3. Then you will see Widget Importer & Exporter option and click.
4. Choose the widget-data.wie (it can be found in your downloaded folder > Demo Content) and press Import Widgets.
1. Go to Evenement Options menu in your WordPress Dashboard.
2. Select Import/Export located in the bottom
3. Click Import from file and past theme-option.json code into there. (theme-option.json code can be found downloaded folder > Demo Content > theme-option.json, open it with editor and copy all code and past into import from file box on theme option)
4. Finally, click Import, it takes few second to import.
Theme Options Panel is a place where you can control every aspect of your website with few button clicks. It is accessible from the "Evenement Options" menu in your WordPress Dashboard:
Each available option there is well described so you shouldn't have any problems with any of them.
After you have made some changes in the panel, please don't forget to click the "Save Changes" button located both in the bottom and top section of the panel.
If you like to make selected section is default then you can use this section.
To reset all custom settings of Evenement option then you can use reset all option.
If you want to backup your Evenement option then you can use this tab. Just visit the "Import/Export" tab and follow the instructions. You can copy/download your current option settings. Keep this safe as you can use it as a backup.
After you download data file you can then load it anytime later or on a different site location (while migrating servers and so on).
Creating your own page has been never so easy. This section covers information about the page and content creating process.
General Information: There are two ways of creating pages and posts content in Evenement theme:
A. With page builder
B. Classic Way
Evenement comes with a truly simple page settings management systems that lets you easily choose a page layout and each page and post individually.
Default Page Setting: You can change/setup all pages from Theme Options which will apply on all of the pages of this theme.
Individual Page Setting: By default all pages and it's all styles will inherits from Theme Options default settings. At the same time you can customize each of the page individualy from their bottom "Page Setings" section.
You can also Enable/Disable Page Header, change page header background image, change page title content alignment and can Show/hide breadcrumb from here.
From the page sidebar section you can also change Page Header Styles and footer styles
In Evenement all Home page completely build with Visual Composer, you have to active visual composer plugin.
If you dot want to build a page from scratch, you may import the theme's demo content and you will get instant access to all of the homepages straight from the theme's live preview. If you would like to build one from scratch or simply learn the structure of it, please keep reading.
If you built a page from scratch then create "New Page" and Select page template "Home".
Here you will get idea about dashboard of blog post.
1. Add post title: Add your post title.
2. Post content: You can post any text content here also you can use visual composer. If you want to show "Read More" button then put cursor where you want to show "Read More" button then click "Insert Read More Tag" from the Editor then you will see the More Tag on the Editor.
3. Post Format: You will get 10 post format from sidebar. Standard is default format. By default standard blog post is selected and if you select others post format as like gallery then you will see the extra option on bottom of the editor box.
You can create gallery for the post and if you use meta option then you do not need to add featured image because gallery will show instead of featured image.
4. Category: You can select post category from there and if you want to create new category then use "Add New Category" option.
5. Tags: You can use post tag. If you wish to use previous tags then click "Choose from the most used tags" link and add new tags with comma (,) separator.
6. Featured Image: Add your Post thumbnail here.
Here you will get idea about adding speaker details.
1. Speaker Name: Add speaker name here.
2. Speaker Details: Add details about speaker. You can post any text content here also you can use visual composer.
3. Speaker Thumb: Add speaker thumbnail/image.
4. Designation: Add speaker designation here.
5. Time: Add speaker speach time here.
6. Social Link: Add speaker social links.
7. Skills Settings: Add speaker skill setting bar.
Evenement comes with 6 required and 2 recommended plugins:
You must have installed all required plugin to get all features.
1. Visual composer: Use Visual Composer page builder you can take full control over your site. Build any layout you can imagine with intuitive drag and drop editor – no programming knowledge required.
Here you will find visual composer documentation.
In Evenement theme, you need to change some settings. Go to Visual Composer menu form your dashboard and navigate to Role Manager then select your desired post type. You can enable Visual Composer for pages, posts and custom post types. Note: By default Visual Composer is available for pages only.
2. Redux Framework: Redux is a simple, truly extensible options framework for WordPress themes and plugins. If you wish to customize/or extend Evenement theme then follow Redux Framework documentation here.
3. Trendy Theme Plugin: Trendy Theme plugins comes with many features: all post type, custom widget, meta options and much more. So, you must be installed the plugin. You do not need any documentation for this plugin just install and enjoy.
4. Meta Box: Meta Box plugin is a powerful, professional solution to create custom meta boxes and custom fields for WordPress websites.
Plugin documentation can be found here.
5. Contact Form 7: Contact Form 7 is powerful contact management plugin.
Plugin documentation can be found here.
6. MailChimp for WordPress, the absolute best. Subscribe your visitors from your WordPress site to your MailChimp lists, with ease.
If you wish to create new form or somehow missing form style then you can use following markup:
<div class="input-wrapper"><input id="subscribeEmail" type="email" name="EMAIL" class="validate form-control" placeholder="Enter Your email here"><button type="submit"><i class="fa fa-arrow-right"></i></button></div>
Plugin documentation can be found here.
Few days ago Google changes their map integration system. Now Google Map need a "Google Maps API key" to be able to use Google Maps on website.
We've added an option under settings named "Google Map API Key". Just put your API KEY in the input box and enjoy!
Here is the instruction how can you get your map API key:
Login your dashboard and go to Settings>Google Map API Key
You’ll need to sign in with a Google account if you’re not already logged in. Then Create a project for Google Map API
You'll be redirect to credentials page. Put a name on Name input box. Select HTTP referrers(websites) then put your website URL and click on "Create" button.
A dialoug box will be popup with your API key. Copy this key and enter your Google maps API key in your dashboard input box.
We have included 2 custom widgets but in total you have 30+ different widgets to use. To get them, all you need to do is drag widgets available on left side and drop into right sidebars on the right side.
Evenement theme has lots of customization option. In Evenement Option you will find all customization option. You can customize theme typography from typography section:
and there is also have color change option. You can change theme accent and content color and also change theme background, menu background and sticky menu background color.
and you can also use theme hooks for advanced customization.