Thank you very much for purchasing our theme! If you have any questions that aren't covered in this documentation, please feel free email to us.
Consulex is the perfect finance & consulting business WordPress theme. Consulex is best suited for the corporate website like accountant, advisor, consult agency and business. You can also use it for corporate, investment, pensions, trading, insurance, loan, tax help, the investment firm, consulting firms etc. We have implemented 8 different page styles with different templates. So, you have the freedom to create different pages with different elements with visual composer. On the other hand, you can choose the page outline at the same time.
Check our Video Channel for easy installation and setup process.
There is three way to install theme :
If your host offers the cPanel control panel, and the Theme files are in a .zip archive follow these instructions. Note: This assumes the Theme you download is a compressed (.zip) file containing a folder under which all the Theme files reside.
To add a new Theme to your WordPress installation, follow these basic steps:
To select a Theme for your site:
After activating theme make sure to install required and recommended plugins.
You can watch our installation video for better understand.
After activating the theme, you will see a Required Plugins notice located on top. You have to install all required and recommended plugin to be fully operational.
Before you begin, make sure all the required plugins are activated and php configuration limits to a minimum as follows:
max_execution_time=300, max_input_time=600, max_input_vars=5000, memory_limit=256M, post_max_size=48M, upload_max_filesize=48M.
You can verify your PHP configuration limits by installing a simple plugin found here. In addition, you can always contact your host and ask them what the current settings are and have them adjust them if needed
When you import the data, the following things might happen:
1. Go to Plugins > Add New menu in your WordPress Dashboard.
2. Type Widget Importer & Exporter on the Search Plugin box and hit enter then you will see the Widget Importer & Exporter plugin install and activate then plugin.
3. Then you will see Widget Importer & Exporter option and click.
4. Choose the widget-data.wie (it can be found in your downloaded folder > Demo Content) and press Import Widgets.
1. Go to Consulex Options menu in your WordPress Dashboard.
2. Select Import/Export located in the bottom
3. Click Import from file and past theme-option.json code into there. (theme-option.json code can be found downloaded folder > Demo Content > theme-option.json, open it with editor and copy all code and past into import from file box on theme option)
4. Finally, click Import, it takes few second to import.
After installing theme, plugin and importing all demo content you need to make basic setup.
Go to the Settings > Reading menu in your WordPress Dashbord and select A Static Page at the Front page displays setting. Choose your own Homepage or one of the Home layouts that imported with the demo content and a Blog page there:
1. Go to the Appearance > Menus menu in your WordPress Dashbord and select Manage Location tab.
2. Select Primary Menu that imported with the demo content.
3. After selectin primary menu then go back Menu Edit and select Primary Menu checkbox located in the Theme Location on the bottom.
4. Save Menu.
Theme Options Panel is a place where you can control every aspect of your website with few button clicks. It is accessible from the "Consulex Options" menu in your WordPress Dashboard:
Each available option there is well described so you shouldn't have any problems with any of them.
After you have made some changes in the panel, please don't forget to click the "Save Changes" button located both in the bottom and top section of the panel.
If you like to make selected section is default then you can use this section.
To reset all custom settings of Consulex option then you can use reset all option.
If you want to backup your Consulex option then you can use this tab. Just visit the "Import/Export" tab and follow the instructions. You can copy/download your current option settings. Keep this safe as you can use it as a backup.
After you download data file you can then load it anytime later or on a different site location (while migrating servers and so on).
In the general settings menu, you can change page Breadcrumbs and Smooth Page Scroll.
Breadcrumb: There are two buttons named "Show and Hide" you can choose Show or hide your website breadcrumb from here.
Smooth Page Scroll: There are also two buttons named "Enable and Disabled" you can make enable or disabled page smooth scroll effect from here.
In logo settings menu you can easily change your website logo.
Site Logo: Upload your logo here. Logo dimension should be min-width: 145px and min-height: 55px for best fit.
Retina Logo Image(high density): Add a double size logo of your main logo for retina display.
In page header images menu you can change all images of every page header. We recommended 1920px width and 450px height image for best fit.
In this menu section, you can change some basic theme color as like, 1.Site Accent Color, 2.Site Link Color, 3. Section title color.
In this menu section, you can change some basic background color as like, 1. Body background color 2. Menu background color 3. Sticky menu background color.
In typography section, you can change almost all typeface, font-family, font-size, font-weight and line height of your website's text. In specifically you can change 1. Body Font 2. Menu Font 3. Heading Font and all heading font sizes and line-height.
In page settings menu you can change page layout style. You can choose a page with "left sidebar" or with "right sidebar" or without any sidebr.
You can also change global page comment visibility "visible" or "hidden" from here.
Footer is a section located at the very bottom of your site. It can hold the copyright data, social icon and a logo image:
This section covers information about the page and content creating process.
General Information: There are two ways of creating pages and posts content in Consulex theme:
A. With page builder
B. Classic Way
In Consulex all Home page completely build with Visual Composer, you have to active visual composer plugin.
If you dot want to build a page from scratch, you may import the theme's demo content and you will get instant access to all of the 5 homepages straight from the theme's live preview. If you would like to build one from scratch or simply learn the structure of it, please keep reading.
If you built a page from scratch then create "New Page" and Select page template "Home".
Next step is to enable the Visual Composer for the page by clicking the "Backend Editor"
To creating Portfolio post just go to Portfolio > Add New from dashboard and then follow:
1. Add Portfolio title
2. Add Portfolio content
3. Add additional information about work
4. Add featured image
5. Add portfolio gallery if you want. If you set add gallery image then featured image will not working.
Here you will get idea about dashboard of Blog post.
1. Add post title: Add your post title.
2. Post content: you can put any text content here also you can use visual composer. If you want to show "Read More" button then put cursor where you want to show "Read More" button then click "Insert Read More Tag" from the Editor then you will see the More Tag on the Editor.
3. Post Format: By default standard blog post is selected and if you select others post format as like gallery then you will see the extra option on bottom of the editor box. You can create gallery for the post and if you use meta option then you do not need to add featured image because gallery will show instead of featured image.
4. Category: You can select post category from there and if you want to create new category then use "Add New Category" option.
5. Tags: You can use post tag. If you wish to use previous tags then click "Choose from the most used tags" link and add new tags with comma (,) separator.
6. Featured Image: Post thumbnail.
Consulex comes with 8 required and 2 recommended plugins:
You must be installed all required plugin to get all features.
1. Visual composer: Use Visual Composer page builder you can take full control over your site. Build any layout you can imagine with intuitive drag and drop editor – no programming knowledge required.
Here you will find visual composer documentation.
In Consulex theme, you need to change some settings. Go to Visual Composer menu form your dashboard and navigate to Role Manager then select your desired post type. You can enable Visual Composer for pages, posts and custom post types. Note: By default Visual Composer is available for pages only but we use Visual Composer for Event so, you need to check mark event post type.
2. Redux Framework: Redux is a simple, truly extensible options framework for WordPress themes and plugins. If you wish to customize/or extend Consulex theme then follow Redux Framework documentation here.
3. Trendy Theme Plugin: Trendy Theme plugins comes with many features: all post type, custom widget, meta options and much more. So, you must be installed the plugin. You do not need to documentation for this plugin just install and enjoy.
4. Meta Box: Meta Box plugin is a powerful, professional solution to create custom meta boxes and custom fields for WordPress websites.
Plugin documentation can be found here.
5. Contact Form 7: Contact Form 7 is powerful contact management plugin.
Plugin documentation can be found here.
6. MailChimp for WordPress, the absolute best. Subscribe your visitors from your WordPress site to your MailChimp lists, with ease.
If you wish to create new form or somehow missing form style then you can use following markup:
<div class="form-group"><input type="email" class="form-control" name="EMAIL" placeholder="Enter your email here" required="required"></div><input type="submit" class="btn btn-primary" value="Subscribe">
Plugin documentation can be found here.
We have included 5 custom widgets but in total you have 20+ different widgets to use. To get them, all you need to do is drag widgets available on left side and drop into right sidebars on the right side.
Few days ago Google changes their map integration system. Now Google Map need a "Google Maps API key" to be able to use Google Maps on website.
We've added an option under settings named "Google Map API Key". Just put your API KEY in the input box and enjoy!
Here is the instruction how can you get your map API key:
Login your dashboard and go to Settings>Google Map API Key
You’ll need to sign in with a Google account if you’re not already logged in. Then Create a project for Google Map API
You'll be redirect to credentials page. Put a name on Name input box. Select HTTP referrers(websites) then put your website URL and click on "Create" button.
A dialoug box will be popup with your API key. Copy this key and enter your Google maps API key in your dashboard input box.
Consulex theme has lots of customization option. In Consulex Option you will find all customization option. You can customize theme typography from typography section:
and there is also have color change option. You can change theme accent and content color and also change theme background, menu background and sticky menu background color.
and you also use theme hooks for advanced customization.
Watch this video for guideline about automatic theme update